Wednesday, August 11, 2010

After 11 Tools Reflections

#1 Favorite Tools-Bookr and Digital Storyteller were great tools to use in the classroom for writing. Animoto and Wordl have many possibilities.
#2 How was learning transformed? 11 Tools offered an introduction to many tools I was not aware of that could be used by students.
#3 Unexpected Outcomes-Even though I learned alot and enjoyed doing some of the tools, this was not a pleasant technological experience. A lot of my time was wasted with no product because the website did not offer sufficient instructions. It was necessary to start many sections again but only with help in order to complete them. There was support from my sister, my friend and school librarian, but not enough support when I emailed for assistance. If I, as an instructor, assign an activity to students and a large number are unable to perform the activity without help from another person, then I should evaluate whether the assignment was appropriate or not. It was frustrating beyond what I can say.

1 comment: